Meet Heather

Meet Heather

Friday, March 6, 2015

King's Crown by Kangaroo

My daughters love make believe play and this crown has added to the fun. I was selected to receive this crown at a discount for the purpose of inspection and an unbiased review.

When the crown arrived I was shocked at how quickly it came. When I opened the box the crown was loosely wrapped in plastic and at first glance looked pretty awesome. As I took out the crown, still wrapped in the plastic, I immediately noticed that there were 4 jewels as seen in the picture, missing at the base of the crown. I inspected the plastic for the jewels, knowing that UPS isn't the most gentle of people when handling packages, and they were not in there with the crown. When I checked the box to see if the may have fallen out of the plastic, they were not there either, realizing this was sent this way not a result of the shipping.






Upon further inspection, if you look at the photos you'll notice that the other jewels on the crown were often misaligned on the designated mold, were raised off the plastic causing a large space between the gold plastic making it easy to cause a jewel to fall of at the slightest touch, and big globs of glue that protruded on one side of the jewels. In addition to that, those annoying hair like strings of glue from hot glue gun were covering the entire crown. The poor thing looked like it had a fight with Spider Man and lost.

Moving on, I quickly noticed the red felt like fabric that they tried to glue to the gold plastic was actually separated from the plastic as seen in the photo, with a giant glue glob very noticeable. My over all feelings of this crown is that the craftsmanship and overall appearance is very poor and sloppy. One can go to their local dollar tree and save $10.95 and get the exact same thing. I would have rated this product at 2 stars, but despite its flaws my twins still have lots of fun when they aren't frustrated at having to wait for mommy to glue a jewel back on that had fallen off when they simple put the crown on their head.

This item is sold here

No comments:

Post a Comment