Meet Heather

Meet Heather

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Dr Song 50% Lactic Acid Face Peel





So what is a Lactic Acid peel?
Lactic acid peels are alpha hydroxy acids (AHA). Derived from milk, they are very mild chemical peels with little to no downtime. Because lactic acid is a natural human metabolite, there is less chance of an allergic reaction with this type of peel.

What does it do for you?
  • Exfoliates the surface of your skin
  • Deep cleans pores
  • Fades dark spots
  • Improves hyperpigmentation
  • Evens out skin tone
  • Brightens and lightens skin
  • Improves the appearance of light wrinkles
  • Stimulates natural collagen production
When I recieved Dr. Song 50% Lactic Acid Face Peel, I was on a face product overload. Sometimes companies delay shipping items for review and then you are bombarded with product all at once. Because of this I actually had to have a friend use and review this, and here are her thoughts on it after 4 weekly applications:

"When I first applied this peel it immediately started to sting a bit. I was nervous at first since this is a pharmaceutical grade pee and they can easily cause chemical burns. But I followed the directions  washed off after 1 minute. Surprisingly my skin was already brighter. In fact it wasn't even red. I did have to apply moisturizer because my skin felt super dry but other than that I did not have any side effects. After just 4 applications my dark spots and chickenpox scares have nearly faded completely. I am in total shock to be honest. I had no idea this would make that big of a difference."


Ok so the peel was not shipped with directions and I never recieved them via email as stated on their amazon page. I did search the web and actually found Dr. Song's web site that has all the directions you need. Directions are as follows according to their web page:




Step 1: Cleanse the face, neck, and gently pat dry. Step 2: Apply a small amount with a brush or cotton ball to the area and leave on as needed. Rinse product with water and pat dry after. Leave on for 1 minute for your first peel and slowly increase the time of each peel afterwards by 1-2 minutes as needed. General recommended time is 4 weeks between each peel. Please keep in mind, these are general guidelines, and everyones skin is different. Skin patch tests are the most accurate method and minimize risk. Precautions Keep the peel at least a quarter of an inch away from the eyes and mucus membranes. If skin irritation occurs remove the product by neutralizing with cool water immediately and consult a physician. Do not apply the peel more than once in a 7 day period Do not expose your face to the sun for 24 hours before or after the application of the peel. Do not apply the peel to the skin that has been waxed or shaved within 24 hours When using the peel a stinging sensation may occur, this is normal.

If Dr. Song 50% Lactic Acid Face Peel sounds like something you'd like to try, head over here and pick yourself up a bottle for only $14.99.






I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment